Corporate Social Responsibility
As a company that is responsible to the public, Darmex has numbers of programmes such as economy and social empowerment programmes that is focused on improving living standards and societal welfare.
More importantly, Darmex cares about the development of the workers’ and their familys' quality of life. This is one of its commitments as a company that cares
about ethical values and local government rules.
As a company with large number of workforces, corporate social responsibility is not just an obligation, yet it is part of our mission to contribute to all the communities we are in. We are continuously leading and supporting various social development programs by providing schools and houses, medical supports and sport facilities in our various operation locations.
A non profit organization which then called "Darmex Foundation" was founded by in 2008. Through it, the foundation has been effectively working with various parties across Indonesia to carry out our social development programs.
These social programs include:
- Developments of Educational and religious institution, also childcare welfare center, etc.
- Engaging in philanthropic activities like food and cooking oil donation to the less privileged.
- Provide infrastructures such as roads, bridges other public facilities.
- During the year 2008, Darmex donated basic necessities such as cooking oil and rice to 500 needy people in Babelan, Bekasi – West Java.
- Donated a number of cash and cooking oils to 200 needy people in Tanah Abang – Central Jakarta and contributed school equipment to 225 students whose families are those unprivileged ones.
- Our humanitarian programs are testament to our care for the community in need, who may be further affected by the impact of the significant rise in CPO prices. During 2008, to mitigate this impact to needy families, we approximately 10,000 litres of cooking oil at a preferred rate 25 - 50 percent lower in the rural and under-developed areas of Jakarta.